Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You Animal. Come On. What Does This Remind You Of?

Watched the My Morning Jacket Okonokos DVD tonight and forgot how amazing it was. Reasons I love MMJ? Besides the infectious guitar riffs, bangin' drums and electrifying piano solos,the set looks like a crazy jungle swamp with stuffed owls keeping watch on the band's equipment. Also, it is completely normal for fans to be rockin' killer costumes for the occasion. Anywhere it's in the norm to sport fairy wings or bear costumes I'm totally downnn. Some people might find it odd that the video starts off with a short film leading to the concert where a man in a top hot brings an alpaca to the concert. I say the weirder the better. Touche My Morning Jacket. Gideon was the first song I ever heard by them and is the reason I became such a fan so I thought I'd share.



Run Thru, featured below, is one of their most highly anticipated tracks to hear performed live for the jammin' guitar breakdown. Pretty much unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment