Sunday, October 17, 2010

That groove

I've always been a Perpetual Groove fan but never had the chance to see them live until this weekend. I'll some up the show in one word: MIND-BLOWING! Their set list was incredible mixing up their classics with epic covers of some of my favorite songs! Being a Talking Heads fan it's kind of hard to accept any cover of their songs as being even remotely close to as good as the original. In a crazy mixed up music world of synthesizers and voice overs it's kind of hard to tell raw talent from studio editing so I solely judge artists by their ability to perform live. Most fall exceedingly short of my expectations but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Perpetual groove just killin' it! Their version of This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) had the whole crowd singing along and going insane! The song didn't lose any of its original splendor but instead just did what jam bands do best and just grooved on for an extra couple of minutes. Another party starter was their version of M.I.A.'s Airplanes that made the crowd go buckwild! They finished the show with a cover of the Beatles classic Helter Skelter. What a great way to end the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment