Friday, November 26, 2010

You've got a mouthful of diamonds and a pocket full of secrets

Am I underground or am I in too deep?

Phantogram's fantastically named EP, Eyelid Movies, has been creating such a stir in the music world leaving us all thirsting for more, anxiously awaiting the release of their debut album Street Beats. It's hard for me to compare any new trip hop artist to the likings of Zero 7, for most would do them no justice, but Phantogram has really rattled my bones with their intoxicating and effortless flow. Singer-keyboardist Sarah Barthel and guitarist Josh Carter produce a rustic feel with their recordings being produced in a barn creating serpentine sounds, drifting through waves of synth wash and buzzy backdrops vocals. Until February when their album is expected to drop, I'll leave you all with these gems in the meantime.




No comments:

Post a Comment