Tuesday, November 22, 2011

If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air


Groove Armada is like a drug I can't shake. It always happens when I'm away from Wilmington long enough that I start fiending for that laid back beach livin.' Their song At the River reminds me exactly of this feeling of longingness to get back to breathing in that salty air and letting my body ride the waves until the sun melts into the ocean. The thing I love most about Groove Armada is their consistency for greatness no matter what genre of music they are exploring. Songs like Super Stylin' are doused with reggae funk that will have you wishing you were puffing spliffs on a catamaran while If Everybody Looked The Same's upbeat dopeness will have you involuntarily dancing no matter where you are. It's the same for me with men and music--it takes a lot to keep me interested and entertained but Groove Armada definitely knows how to play the game. They keep it exciting and always keep you guessing what move they'll make next.





No comments:

Post a Comment