Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It was 30 years ago today...


Not the day Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play but the sad day the legend Lennon left us to join Lucy in the sky with diamonds. For anyone who likes ANY genre of music, I guarantee their works were inspired in some way by this man. So many of The Beatles' songs define memories throughout my life. Whether playing Strawberry Fields on repeat every day after school in the senior parking lot or waking up every morning and not rolling out of bed until Here Comes the Sun plays entirely through or painting Jellyfish on the remains of an abondoned building in the middle of the woods as soon as I am the Walrus came on, these songs have become a part of me. I can remember stonily looking up every influential person on the Sergeant Pepper's Album Cover which hangs proudly above my bed and being blown away when I visited Liverpool and saw the real Penny Lane and got to see where these guys first played at the Cavern Club. Here's a tribute to a man that changed our world for the better. My Guitar Gently Weeps for you on this day, but you will still be remembered Across the Universe and will live in our hearts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment