Friday, December 17, 2010

Submerge yourself into the ocean of white




Tonight will commence with an odyssey
Into the deep unknown.
The underwater world is a metaphor.
The concept of depth Is the reference
To the Purity of your mind.
We will explore the spiritual abyss, within Ourselves.
Welcome to... SENSATION






Sensation White had to be the best night of my life hands down. I've been dreaming of submerging into the ocean of white since it first started in 2000, but never though it would become a reality. It just so happens my spring break trip to Newcastle miraculously happened to fall on the same dates as the first edition of SENSATION BELGIUM. Not only did I have the best fine chocolates, waffles and weed of my life, but hours later, I was dressed head to toe in white making my way to the train station for the epic journey. It didn't set in what kind of adventure I was about to embark on until the train doors opened. As I entered, EVERYONE aboard was in white chanting to the beat of Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes, standing on the seats dancing, music shaking straight to the soul. We were an hour and a half from the event but the ride was half the fun. We all exited, still getting down as we made our way to the arena moving our ruckus to the streets, followed by thousands of more bodies creating a colossal sea of white. I blinked my eyes and we were there, surrounded by floating, glowing jellyfish dangling from the ceiling and flashing water jets spraying up hundreds of feet into the air perfectly in sync with the rhythm. As I looked around, the 40,000 others were just as starry-eyed as me, all of us united in white. All of the DJ sets were unreal, but the defining song of the night for me was when Armin Van Buuren played Serenity. Something magical happened when that song came on and the whole crowd was put into reverie. Here's a video of the trailer from the Sensation Belgium edition to help bring these words to life. I'll leave you all with the song that changed everything for me, making me never want to come up for a breath of air. If I had it my way, I would definitely grow some gills and live happily ever after under this sea of white.




SOO epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment