Sunday, December 19, 2010

Where's North From Here?



Being obsessed with the Gorillaz, I naturally am in love with every song they've ever made. However, I didn't fully appreciate their song Glitter Freeze until it was 4 am and I was pouncing from one frozen grassy knoll to another watching the sparkling snow beneath my feet crunch and glisten brightly from the reflection of the almost full moon. The stars looked like reachable gems shining on the newly frosted pond that was patterned like clouded leopard print, still not completely frozen over. I was immune to the cold letting the music take me over and lead me to my next adventure on this icy tundra. I was then stepping on cookies and cream, jumping from muddy tire tracks to huge blocks of glassy ice crystals that had formed. Shadows started to surround the pond and the milk weeds were dancing together, swaying in the breeze. Darkness grew near. I knew I had reached the edge of the forest as the trees were starting to tower over me. The song ended and the ship had set sail. I knew I was ready for the next journey...



No comments:

Post a Comment