Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I like my beats fast and my bass down lowww


It's hard to write about an event such as Bass Center 2. You think it would be easy to talk about such a monumental evening of absolute madness but it's hard to put it into words without selling it short or leaving any crucial details out. First off, it was Lorin's birthday so he was dropping beats extra dirty playing some of my favorite tracks such as his Remix of the Pixies Where is my mind and Yes. But how do you describe the pure chaos that was unleashed when Glitch Mob dropped a remix of Seven Nation Army or the childlike wonder and starstruck eyes of the crowd when Bassnectar mixed Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka into his intro? The truth is you can't but that's the beauty of it all. You become intoxicated by your surroundings taking the crowd as your family. Only the people there will ever know what it was like to be a part of those blissful moments. There is one memory I will share however. It was getting to be that point in the night when everyone was still undeniably groovin' but you could tell we were all starting tp loose a little steam and needed a pick me up. Of course Bassnectar must have noticed this as well because next thing I knew pink elephants were dancing on the screen and a huge dragon train was snaking wildly through the crowd hyping everyone up with their hands in the air tossing around giant see through balls. This wasn't the only trick Bassnectar had up his sleeve. All the lights turned to a heavenly white glow and girls started soaring through the air on trapeze swings leaving the crowd completely awestruck in amazement. I've been to A LOT of shows all around the world but these were by far some of the most advanced visuals and impressive props I've ever seen used. For all of you who couldn't be part of the magic, I'll leave you with this.



1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Bass Center, Wish I could have made it. But this does make me feel a little better... Next year!

    ReplyDelete